Ling is lives in the northern part of the North sea where they are catched in the deeper parts. He's called the brother of the cod because he seems a lot like it and has also the same taste. The flesh of the ling is something firmer. To fillet
- FIRMLY SHARP KNIFE (not to flexible)
- Make on both sides of the belly fins and gills an incision.
- Take of the head.
- Put your knife above the back fin and fillet the fish till the end of the tail.
- Cut the fillet till you'll see the middle belly bones.
- Put your knife to the end of the belly bones (half at the fish) and push your knife trough the fish and cut the fillet of to the tail.
- Cut of the belly side, now you can see the belly bones.
- Cut into the small skin with the top of your knife to the end of the belly.
- Hold on the belly side and presses you knife in the incision and cut this side of.
- The other side is the same only you starts at the tail.
- Clean your beam with the back of your knife.
- Make a small incision in the fillet TO the skin.
- Push with your finger tops the skin firmly on the beam and makes at the same time short saw movements and cut the fillet down to the tail.
For large format click here.